LTC Call for proposals 2023The LTC 2023 call for proposals is now open
Research groups interested in submitting their LTC proposal can find all the information here.
Deadline for submission of proposals : March 31, 2023
The Laboratories for Trans-border Cooperation (LTCs) are a formula for collaboration that have been developed since 2015 in the frame of the Campus Euskampus-Bordeaux. LTCs were created to provide an institutional framework for research teams from the Basque country and from Bordeaux working together. This framework supports trans-border research communities, which involve young and senior researchers, students, and technicians that can move from one lab to the other without boundaries and share a common vision and action agendas.
- To carry out research projects in a specific field with the objective to increase the added-value of scientific outputs as well as the visibility of our joint research at the EU and international level,
- To act as an incubator for larger projects with a view to attract external funding (notably EU funding),
- To create a sustainable transnational community of researchers, thus involving students, PhDs, junior and senior researchers,
- To develop a joint training offer, in particular at the master’s level.
- An LTC comes as a significant step in the recognition of an already existing partnership, and is led by two Principal Investigators (PI) from Bordeaux and the Basque Country, respectively.
- It is also expected that LTCs shall not cover too wide scientific perimeters, but rather focus on specific research and training in a given scientific area.
- After the four-year agreement completion, the LTC could maintain the LTC recognition/label, but without any further commitment of funding by UPV/EHU and UB. After this time, it is expected that the LTC have been able to leverage their own funding.
- There will only be one new LTC selected per year, and it will be announced in the Euskampus Bordeaux Eguna.
Funding for a maximum of 10K€ per year
- to cover everyday operating costs of the LTC (travels, stipends for students, organizational costs for workshops, summer schools, etc.) 5K€ from each side and according to the rules of each university.
1 doctoral researcher position
- under cotutelle and financed by the UPV/EHU over the period of the agreement (according to the rules of the university ).
1 postdoc researcher position
- financed by the UBx over the period of the agreement (according to the rules of the university ).
4 year-period financial support
- not extendable period; after the 4-year agreement completion, the LTC could maintain the LTC recognition/label, but without any further commitment of funding.
The LTC program is an opportunity for those research groups from the Basque Country and Bordeaux with a previous track record of collaboration and a shared future research agenda.
Full text of the LTC procedure
- The full text of the application procedure can be downloaded here.
The application form LTC 2023
- The Application form to send LTC proposal can be downloaded here.
For more information and to submit applications before 04/17/2023, contact Euskampus Fundazioa through the address of email@example.com.